I haven’t posted a recipe in sometime, so I thought I would share what I made the other night. Every month, I set a budget, and I like to stick to that budget, especially with food. I had some frozen salmon fillets to use up, and my wife Kelly, hates how the house smells when I cook fish. So I thought that spicing the fish up a little would tone down the smell, as well as opening the kitchen window and putting the range on full blast. So this was inspired out of concern for my wife’s overly sensitive sense of smell and trying to use up what I had. I found a recipe online and made a few adjustments.
- Cut 1 lb of salmon into cubes, and toss the cubes into a 1:1 mix of cumin and chili powder.
- Dice up 1 small yellow onion and cook in a large pan until they are translucent.
- When the onion is done, add the salmon cubes and cook for a few minutes, do not overcook, chewy salmon is no good. Turn down the heat.
- Open 2 cans of Rotel with green chiles, drain them a little and to the pan. Continue heating until the whole mixture is warm.
- Add some lime juice over the pan.
- Scoop out some of the salmon taco mix and fill a couple low-carb soft tacos. (You’ll have enough for a few meals with 2 people)
- Chop up some cilantro and top off each taco for more flavor.
- Add some avocado or guacamole, and some good salsa and there you have it!